Sweaty Men Endeavors

The sports blog with the slightly gay name

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

They're keepin' the "Lights" on for you

Congratulations to my buddy Clint, and everyone else associated with Friday Night Lights, as they got some great news from NBC yesterday. As first reported by TV Guide's Michael Ausiello, the show was picked up for a full season by the network, meaning 22 episodes will be broadcast.

I was able to briefly chat with Clint yesterday (just an hour after they got the news themselves - that Ausiello guy is fast!), and he said a celebratory lunch was being enjoyed by all. I'm sure those were some damn tasty sandwiches.

I know it might seem like I'm saying this just because my friend works on the show (and thanks to those who pitched in some feedback), but Friday Night Lights is some damn fine television, and I've become insanely fond of the show.

The Red Wings are in Vancouver, so game time is at 10 p.m. EST. And the Pistons are off tonight. No sports stuff is standing in your way (or good TV, since FOX moved House to 9 p.m.). If you haven't given it a chance yet, I don't think you'd be sorry for giving up an hour of your time. Tuesdays at 8 p.m., people!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home