Sweaty Men Endeavors

The sports blog with the slightly gay name

Friday, November 10, 2006

Help a sweaty man?

Okay, my friends - I am holding out my hands to you, the readers of Sweaty Men Endeavors, hoping for some help. I am only one man, and this World Wide Web is a vast expanse, spanning... well, the world. Widely.

I've spent the better part of a week futilely searching for what I need, but feel like a man who's trying to find his glasses in the ocean. Maybe it doesn't exist, but it's more than likely that I just don't know what to look for.

What I'm hoping to find is a college football equivalent to a Baseball Almanac or Retrosheet, a site that documents the game's history - game accounts, box scores, rosters, etc. - and would provide mucho information to a curious young man. Such a person might be, for example, trying to do some research for an article.

Sure, I could get up off my ass and head to a library. And I intend to do that this weekend. But I've found that in recent years, libraries tend to just send you back to a computer, anyway. So I'm thinking I'll just save myself a trip, if necessary. Plus, I often assume that other people know more about these sorts of things than I do, and a solution is just a mere comment or e-mail away.

So once again, I'm coming to you, seeking aid. Consider this the blog equivalent of a door-to-door plea for assistance. If there's a resource on the internet chock full of history, facts, trivia, and minutia for college football, I'd appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. Thank you in advance.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home