Sweaty Men Endeavors

The sports blog with the slightly gay name

Monday, May 15, 2006

Hey kid, pass this note to the locker room

Dear Mr. 'Sheed --

I think it's great that you "Guaransheed" a victory tonight (and in Game 5 on Wednesday). It fires up the guys and they always have your back. LeBronBronBron can dismiss it as "just 'Sheed being 'Sheed," but inside, we know he's quivering at the thought of a focused, determined Pistons team.

But I did want to bring something up, even though it might upset you.

This Anderson Varejao guy. He kind of, well, he kind of made you look bad on Saturday. And if it made me mad to see his Sideshow Bob afro bobbing up and down the floor after a made basket, I'm sure you were pissed. Maybe even more pissed than you usually are at the referees.

Should this guy really be scoring 16 points on you? Exactly. I know, I know - he looks like a poodle. (Or "um poodle," as they might say in his native tongue.) That's all I'm saying. You know what I'm talkin' about.

And did you see the Cleveland Plain Dealer, with headlines like "Prove 'Sheed Wrong" and "Irritating Rash"? C'mon, enough of that stuff.

Who's my guy? Who's Our 'Sheed? Go out there and get 'em tonight, dude. If I were there, I'd slap you on the ass. Or not. Whatever you'd prefer.

Sincerely,
Ian Casselberry

P.S. Did you see Need4Sheed get that big write-up in the Free Press today? Holla' to a girl.

(Congratulations, Natalie!)

2 Comments:

  • At May 15, 2006 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They should fire the fucking ref that swallowed the whistle when Rip drove on the final Pistons play of Game 4.

    Overall, the game was called fairly, of course. But seriously, the refs are nowhere to be found when LeBron steps out of bounds at the end of the 2nd quarter or when Ilgauskas was kneeing Sheed in the ass. And then they really disappeared in the last 10 seconds.

    Thanks, NBA. You're FAAAAN-tastic.

    I want to start the campaign for Mark Cuban for NBA commissioner.

     
  • At May 16, 2006 12:56 AM, Blogger Natalie Sitto said…

    Thanks Ian... I would gladly take it back for a win. Still not worried though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home