Sweaty Men Endeavors

The sports blog with the slightly gay name

Friday, May 12, 2006

It's Big Al's world - I'm just along for the ride

Yesterday, at my Mother Ship blog, I wrote something about a New York Times panel that named "the single best work of American fiction published in the last 25 years." The book so honored was Toni Morrison's Beloved, a pick that I can't really argue with, having written a looooonnng term paper on it in my last year at the University of Iowa.

Big Al, however, came up with a suitable challenger. And I'm still chuckling at his pick, which is #@$%ing hilarious. He elaborated on the nomination over at Our Wayne Fontes Experience. Surely, newspaper book reviews, literary criticism, and academic journals throughout the country will soon march right behind Big Al in agreement. Expect him to show up at lecture halls and bookstores near you, tweed jacket in tow, as he changes the way we look at literature.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home