Sweaty Men Endeavors

The sports blog with the slightly gay name

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Now that he mentions it...

While I watch Magglio Ordonez and his lustrous locks (I've seen them in person, and they're spectacular) talk to Shireen Saski on the FSN Tigers Pre-Game Show, I'm reminded of a note from Danny Knobler's story today.

Where'd the power go, Magglio?

The Tigers' cleanup bat hasn't hit a home run since the All-Star break, putting him in the company of such esteemed power hitters as Chone Figgins, Jason Kendall, and teammate Placido Polanco.

Magglio's hasn't reached the seats in his last 105 at-bats.

And since you asked, the fact that Magglio anchors the outfield of my fantasy baseball team has nothing to do with my plea. I resent such an accusation.

I will note, however, that Coco Crisp (who's also a member of the Natural Juicers) hit his first post-All-Star-break home run last night. Do I have to bench you for Coco, Magglio?

C'mon, dude - eat some spinach or something. Strong to the finish if you eats your spinach - Toot toot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home