Sweaty Men Endeavors

The sports blog with the slightly gay name

Sunday, August 06, 2006

All I know is that I love it

I don't know about you guys, but I'm quickly running out of adjectives to describe what the Tigers are doing this season. And rather than try to recap yet another incredible late-inning moment, I'll let Eric Seals' photo in today's Detroit Free Press do most of the talking.


After screaming in disbelief as soon as Pudge swung at Fausto Carmona's first pitch (and the body language on both hitter and pitcher told you all you needed to know), I just sat back with my hand over my mouth.

This is the kind of season we've watched other teams experience for so long. These moments that the Tigers are giving us were previously reserved for highlights on "Baseball Tonight" - certainly admirable, but since they belonged to another team, not truly enjoyable.

But now that this is happening to the Tigers, and it's our guy hitting a game-ending (save that "walk-off" jazz, okay?) home run, and our team gathered into a jumping, jubilant, celebratory mob at home plate, envy is being replaced by joy.

How much #@$%ing fun is this right now?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At August 07, 2006 8:56 AM, Blogger tiff said…

    When I was younger, I would spend my summers listening to Ernie outside in our yard, and reading a book.

    I'm so happy to have these tigers back. I'm on pins and needles for this season - I love it!!

     
  • At August 07, 2006 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been watching them every night the last few weeks and have really been getting into it (of course I had to miss this one...rrrrrgh). Baseball hasn't been this exciting in a looooong time. They just look so good - they're winning in dramatic fashion but it doesn't feel sloppy or cheap. I've never seen a team as opportunistic as these Tigers are...they are patient and they are making the most of their chances. And that quality is a lot better than having the kind of team that just effortlessly and mindlessly pumps out runs. There's a lot more character in this team and in the long run it will serve them well.

     
  • At August 07, 2006 1:50 PM, Blogger SAMO said…

    Go Tigers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home