Sweaty Men Endeavors

The sports blog with the slightly gay name

Thursday, August 03, 2006

NFL, consider yourself on notice

Most of the talk out of Lions training camp thus far has centered on who's lagging behind the Rod Marinelli train. So when the Sarge gives the troops the afternoon off, is that cause for optimism?

(See how that works, with Lions fans looking the thinnest silver lining in any cloud?)

"It's something they earned," Coach Marinelli said to the press yesterday. "They earned the right today. I mean it was a tremendous football practice yesterday, and it was hot, and I tell you as you watch the tape, the effort and the energy and the speed - I would hope you guys could have seen that (the speed)."

The speed, NFL. Think about that as you trudge through the remainder of your respective training camps. The speed.

(Photo by Daniel Mears/ Detroit News)

3 Comments:

  • At August 03, 2006 3:30 PM, Blogger Sam said…

    Stoppit. I don't want to think about the Lions until I absolutely have to.

     
  • At August 05, 2006 10:54 PM, Blogger Cutthroat Pirates said…

    Hey Ian,

    It has been awhile, I see Marinelli is using some good old Gruden tricks. Goto www.buccaneers.com, they also got the afternoon off. Gruden has been using this reward for a while now. I think it really works, it gives the players some needed rest time. They come back the next day on fire. I told you this coach is going to be great for you.

     
  • At August 06, 2006 9:30 AM, Blogger Ian C. said…

    Hey CP, good to hear from you. I look forward to reading your stuff during football season.

    And I definitely look forward to Marinelli taking more from Gruden's trick bag this season.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home