Sweaty Men Endeavors

The sports blog with the slightly gay name

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Hey! You bloggers! Down in front!

It's the talk of the metro Detroit sports blogosphere!

Bloggers are meeting at Comerica Park. The date is September 5. The opponent is the Seattle Mariners. We'll be sitting in Mezzanine Section 212, which is a little far for Ichiro to hear my declared (heterosexual) love for him, but we'll be in Row 1, and I'm told my voice carries, so we'll see what happens.

Ichiro. Casselberry. Hing Dai. Chung Kwo. (Deadwood reference. Sorry.)

Other bloggers who will be happy to shake your hand, talk baseball, and accept any offered free hot dogs and beer thus far include Billfer of The Detroit Tigers Weblog, Samela of Roar of the Tigers (and Blue Cats and Red Sox), Brian of Beyond Boxscores (and Big Ten Hardball), Rob of The Cheap Seats, Ryan of Tigers Central, and Greg Eno of Out of Bounds (and Where Have You Gone, Johnny Grubb?)

Is that it for the italicized hyperlinks? No! Because Big Al of The Wayne Fontes Experience has told me he'll be in attendance, as well.

Operators are standing by and invitations are being passed out, so who knows who else will be there? The Leelanau Sports Guy? The Sports Dude? Maybe Terry Foster and Pat Caputo can stop by, since they're bloggers too.

It'd be great if Mike of The Daily Fungo and Kurt of Mack Avenue Tigers could join us, as well. But that would be kind of a hike (especially for Mike, out in Arizona). And what, no K-Dog?

I made the comment at The Detroit Tigers Weblog that I'd prefer people approach me through my publicist and not make eye contact with me at any point during the evening, but that was a joke. I'll be the guy with the stack of 8 X 10 glossies in his lap, waiting to be passed out. Please come on over and say hi, bloggers and readers, one and all. It should be a fun night.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At August 10, 2006 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Unfortunately Kurt has the prep sports season, which begins, well, then. Wish I could be there though!
    -Kurt

     
  • At August 10, 2006 6:46 PM, Blogger Sam said…

    The glorious coincidences continue! I too have declared heterosexual love for Ichiro. Of course for me this means something slightly different than it does for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home