Sweaty Men Endeavors

The sports blog with the slightly gay name

Thursday, August 03, 2006

When blogging becomes a "Sweaty Men Endeavor"

I apologize for maintaining blog silence over the past couple of days. I'm not proud of it. In fact, I'm a little bit embarrassed. Because I thought I was tougher than that. I thought my parents made sterner stuff out of me.

But it's just been too #@$%ing hot. Not to complain, however, because it's my fault. I'm the one who chose to spend my days in a house without air conditioning, while the temperature is hot enough to fry eggs upon, and the humidity renders clothing as heavy as one of those lead sheets they throw over your loins when you have an X-Ray taken. I have no one to blame but myself for willingly creating conditions in which simply sitting in front of the computer is a grueling task that drains the body and soul. And don't even get me started on trying to sleep. It's a mess - literally.

But enough belly-aching. You want your sports. I understand. I'm just trying to tell you that blogging is not supposed to be a "Sweaty Men Endeavor." At least not when I signed up for this, okay? Not unless it's because I've worked myself into a total ranting, raving lather.

So there it is. I apologize. I am hydrated. I am relatively cool. And I am deodorized. I shall return with stuff I've written on. Thank you for your concern.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home