Sweaty Men Endeavors

The sports blog with the slightly gay name

Friday, October 13, 2006

A sit-down with Shaun Bodiford

I didn't get a chance to link to this before I left for Hawaii, so as we're waiting for Game 3 of the ALCS to begin, please allow me to point over to my recent interview with Lions wide receiver Shaun Bodiford for the Motor City Sports Magazine website.

He was sitting all alone at his locker while the rest of the media horde feasted on Roy Williams, Kevin Jones, and Jon Kitna after the Lions' Week 3 loss to Green Bay. To me, it looked like a great opportunity to score my first locker room interview - a rookie sportswriter sitting down with a rookie NFL player.

I'm probably biased, but Bodiford seemed like a nice guy who was flattered that someone wanted to talk to him. Little did he know that I was thrilled that he gave five minutes of his time to a guy walking around in a wide-eyed daze, trying to look professional. Hey, I had a cool little pocket digital recorder - just like the big guys, man.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the interview. I'd love a chance to talk to Bodiford again some time down the line, when both of us are a little more comfortable with the whole process. Maybe he'll open up a little bit more, and maybe I'll come up with some better questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home