Sweaty Men Endeavors

The sports blog with the slightly gay name

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Like stripes on the fur coat of a tiger...

▪▪ Scratching your head about Neifi Perez leading off for the Tigers last night? So was Fire Joe Morgan.

▪▪ By the way, I'd like to calculate The Neifi Index right now, but I'm afraid of the jinx. So let's just table that talk until later.

▪▪ While profiling Kenny Rogers, the Chicago Tribune's Phil Rogers notes that "The Gambler" could've been pitching for the White Sox, instead of beating them in important late-season match-ups.

▪▪ Speaking of Phil Rogers, he somehow managed to compare Placido Polanco to both Tadahito Iguchi and Gary DiSarcina (?) on Sunday.

▪▪ After reading this piece (also from Sunday's Chicago Tribune, via Mack Avenue Tigers - follow the bouncing links) that turned up the flames under Magglio Ordonez's seat, I wondered if the Tigers have ever considered moving him to first base. Not this season, but next season. Just a thought. But perhaps a moot one, after Maggs flashed some nice leather in right field last night.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At August 23, 2006 12:00 PM, Blogger twins15 said…

    Neifi Perez batting leadoff?! Well, as long as you keep beating the Sox, I guess I'm ok with it!

     
  • At August 23, 2006 12:18 PM, Blogger Big Al said…

    I have 2 letters for Maggs, to keep in mind for next year. "DH." I do like the comments I'm reading about his realizing that he needs to get stronger. He gets in prime shape, plays DH (An extemely pricey DH), he could actually be productive for the ENTIRE length of the contract.

     
  • At August 23, 2006 3:02 PM, Blogger the sports dude said…

    With Maggs I am hoping that he just ran out of gas seeing how this is his first full season ( I hope!!) in a couple years. At the All-Star break, if I am not mistaken, he was at 14 homers and 62 RBI, give or take, a pace that would get him to 25-30 HR and 120 RBI. Right now he looks more like a #5 guy in a line up, not a clean up hitter. I am hoping that next year we will see the Maggs that we thought was here this year, it is nothing more than his body just running out of gas because he wasn't used to it. Wishful thinking? Hey, I think we are entitled, this entire season is all about wishful thinking right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home