Sweaty Men Endeavors

The sports blog with the slightly gay name

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Elsewhere in Lions Country...

▪▪ First, he smothered himself with college football, covering each of the major conferences and the Bowl Championship Series.

Now, Complete Sports is esconced in NFL teams, beginning with the NFC North Division. (Might as well start at the bottom, eh?) And with that comes your Detroit Lions preview. CS and I are of the same mind, regarding the Lions' record.

▪▪ Can any Lions help your fantasy football team? (Well, I'm hoping so, since I picked Kevin Jones. Hey, he was the best player available in the 5th round, okay? Besides, after this news, I might need K.J. I was really hoping to get Roy Williams, though.)

The Gatorade Dump is profiling each NFL team from a fantasy football perspective. They begin with your Detroit Lions!

▪▪ Greg Eno preaches patience for Rod Marinelli at Out of Bounds. I might point him to the previous post, as I'm not sure that's a virtue Detroit fans currently adhere to.

▪▪ MLive.com's Tom Kowalski has changed his tune, and now thinks both Charles Rogers and Mike Williams will make the Lions' final roster. Why? No other receivers are playing well enough for the Lions to justify taking those salary cap hits.

3 Comments:

  • At August 30, 2006 12:39 AM, Blogger Pradamaster said…

    I actually think Detroit will be much improved this year, perhaps even good enough to take the division. I'm down on the Bears and I think Detroit has the easiest schedule of the 4 division teams. Obviously, I can understand the pessimistic sentiment that comes with a lifetime of Lion disappointments, but I still think this could be a legitimate surprise team.

    We have one more spot open in our bloggers fantasy football league, so we were wondering if you're interested in signing up. If so, e-mail me at pradam@brandeis.edu and I'll send you an invitation.

     
  • At August 30, 2006 1:46 AM, Blogger twins15 said…

    Thanks for the link! I'm definitely not going through all the NFL teams individually, because I'm not that quite ambitious, so I'll just be previewing the NFC North teams like that, because that's what I like to think I know best!

     
  • At August 30, 2006 1:05 PM, Blogger the sports dude said…

    Look, I know no one pays attention to the sports dude anymore because he essentially took the summer off, but I am still going out on a limb and saying 7-9 is a worse case scenario here. Laugh all you want, but I still believe an offense, any offense, without Joey Harrington is vastly improved. Sorry to say it but I think 80% of the Lions woes are now in Miami and I say good riddiance!

    The offense will be better, the problem child is gone, and the defense really can not get worse.

    Sorry, I still see this being a single digit loss season and I look forward to it starting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home