Sweaty Men Endeavors

The sports blog with the slightly gay name

Monday, August 28, 2006

Talkin' Tigers with the fellas

Thanks to Mike McClary, who graciously asked me to take part in a roundtable discussion on The Daily Fungo Podcast last week. The results are now available online for all to hear.

If you're not familiar with Mike's work, his (sometimes twice) weekly podcast (along with his daily blog) deals with all things Detroit Tigers. He does a great job, and I'm flattered he asked me to participate.

The four of us - Mike, Doug Hill, Josh Wallen, and myself - discussed the current state of the team - Can these guys take a pitch, where did Magglio's bat go, how much you payin' for playoff tickets, etc. - as they make their (blissfully) unexpected run toward postseason glory.

Twice in the past three weeks, someone has told me I sound like filmmaker Kevin Smith), so you can also chime in on that, if you'd like. (Just don't leave any "Jay"-like diatribes, okay?)

You can download or listen to the show here. It is excellent accompaniment for jogging, commuting, yard work, or generally ignoring your fellow citizens. (Anybody else love their iPod at the coffee shop?)

By the way, I swear I don't always sound as sleepy as I seem to on Mike's podcast. I was just laid-back and relaxed. And maybe with a beer in hand.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home