Sweaty Men Endeavors

The sports blog with the slightly gay name

Friday, March 10, 2006

What are you doing, Greg Eno?

A while back, Greg Eno asked me, "How do you write two blogs?" (Brian at Beyond Boxscores also once expressed his admiration for "multiple bloggers.")

And it was kind of a funny moment, because it felt like everyone in the room (actually, I think Josh Bartlett was the only other one) stopped to wait for my answer, like I had some nugget of wisdom to share.

I sheepishly shrugged my shoulders and admitted, somewhat embarrassingly, that I simply had the time to do it. No, of course it wasn't easy, but if you have a lot to say and you love to write, you'll find a way to make the time for more than one blog.

Obviously, I didn't do enough to discourage Mr. Eno, who's also the editor-in-chief of Motor City Sports Magazine, from signing on for what is surely a ticket to blogging nutsville. They'll run your life, Eno!

Or maybe he realized that he had more to write about, but felt he needed another venue for it, which is something I can certainly relate to.

I used to write about sports at Fried Rice Thoughts (many of those posts are listed on the sidebar here), but felt like most of the regular readers weren't all that interested, unless it was a story that mattered to the culture-at-large. Yet I wanted to write material for sports fans (and frankly, the sportswriting was attracting attention from places like the Detroit Free Press), like game stories, long analyses, or humorous rants. Thus, Sweaty Men Endeavors was born. (And once I came up with that name, I knew it had to have its own blog.)

Anyway, the point of all this wasn't supposed to be about me, it was to mention Greg's new all-baseball blog, called Where Have You Gone, Johnny Grubb? If someone else is willing to join bloggers like Billfer, Samela, and the aforementioned Brian, and kiss sanity and remaining free time goodbye, the least I can do is point and laugh give him or her a shout-out. Please check his new blog out. After one week, there's already some very interesting stuff to read, such as feeling adulterous in other ballparks.

I hope you know what you're doing, Greg. Welcome to the Multiple Bloggers Club.

4 Comments:

  • At March 10, 2006 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha. I just got done posting about how I can't think of anything to post, and here you all are with your fancy double-lives, running two blogs.

    Screw you all.

     
  • At March 10, 2006 2:25 PM, Blogger Ian C. said…

    It does seem a bit incestual, doesn't it?

    Wait, that's not what you meant.

    Anyway, I meant to write about Greg's new blog a couple of days ago, but suddenly found myself concerned with things like the World Baseball Classic and Michigan basketball.

     
  • At March 10, 2006 4:27 PM, Blogger Greg Eno said…

    Thanks for the plug -- and the warning!

     
  • At March 13, 2006 1:35 PM, Blogger Sam said…

    I don't sleep, basically.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home