Sweaty Men Endeavors

The sports blog with the slightly gay name

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Hello, I'm your blogger

Hey, check out the doofus in the snow!

If you're in the metro Detroit area, and have access to the Metro Times, a certain chronicler of sweaty men is one of nine local bloggers profiled in this week's cover story, "Meet the Bloggers." (And as the links indicate, the article is also available at the MT's website.)

If you've already read the feature, and are visiting for the first time, thanks for stopping by to check this out, and I hope you're intrigued enough to keep coming back in the future. (I'll do my best to keep you interested.)

For those who haven't seen it yet, the article is a fascinating look at the variety of blogs that are being written in Detroit right now, and I'm incredibly flattered to be a part of the piece. It feels a bit strange to see this blog alongside sites covering the city's politics, urban decay, art and music scenes, and community. But sports are a big part of the culture around here, and I'm obviously glad that Sweaty Men Endeavors was considered an interesting enough part of Detroit's blogosphere to be included.

I'd like to thank the writer, Nate Rogers, who was intrigued enough by the "slightly gay name" to check it out, look me up for an interview, and write what is quite possibly the best article the Metro Times has ever published. I'm thrilled with the piece, which reflects the enjoyable conversation Nate and I had last week, and captures the tone of this blog very well.

And I'd also like to thank the article's photographer, Doug Coombe, who made it fun to sit down on snow-covered metal bleachers in an empty Michigan Stadium and make a fool of myself in front of the camera. After trucking through the snow and up the stadium steps, I was ready to collapse and make snow angels (which might have made another beautiful set of photos), but Doug's a busy man and had to get moving. (Just tell me you were as tired and sore the next day as I was, man.) Doug can now add me to a photo resume that includes shots of Oasis and the White Stripes. I'm sure he's thrilled about that.

So please pick up a copy - I promise I haven't taken every one in Ann Arbor - and see what metro Detroit's bloggers have to offer. It's a really cool feature, and I think it's great that the Metro Times chose to cover this subject. We all appreciate your readership.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At December 15, 2005 1:20 PM, Blogger the sports dude said…

    Well, I have to say I am a bit jealous... I mean, come on, Luke Waltons Forehead, what is more gay than that?

    In all honesty I do want to say congrats, that is way cool (for lack of better terms at the time!) to be featured for what you do here. I had a feeling somewhere there was some type of writing degree mixed in, you can always tell the difference between the bloggers that have it and those that don't - uh, like me for example!

    Seriously congrats on the feature and you moment of fame! Oh, and by the way, the beard still needs some work there fella!

    Later.

     
  • At December 15, 2005 1:46 PM, Blogger Greg Eno said…

    Congrats! You deserve it. I'm not a blog reader as much as a writer, but yours is one I DO read!

     
  • At December 15, 2005 1:57 PM, Blogger Ian C. said…

    Sports Dude, is it possible that the beard hairs retreated back into my face to get warm?

    It's coming in! I'm workin' on it!

    Thanks, guys.

     
  • At December 15, 2005 3:40 PM, Blogger the sports dude said…

    It is quite possible, yes, I just like to give you shit! I mean, come on, you're a celebrity now man! How often does one get the chance to communicate directly with a celeb and give him shit at the same time?

     
  • At December 15, 2005 8:57 PM, Blogger Brian said…

    Congratulations on your new found stardom, my friend. As both Greg and tsd indicated, it's well deserved.

    I expect this to be the first step to fame and fortune.

     
  • At December 15, 2005 10:55 PM, Blogger Asian Butterfly said…

    I am SO excited for you, E! Kissy, kissy, I'm so proud! Wish I could take you for pizza at the Brown Jug. Love to you, baby!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home