The Pistons Post-Mortem Parade
I'm still trying to collect my thoughts on the Pistons' earlier-than-expected exit from the NBA playoffs. In the meantime, many bloggers and columnists are ready and willing to speak their piece.
- What would Kevin Antcliff do? No more "what happened?" for the K-Dog. He's already on to "Now what?" and has several offseason notes and suggestions for Joe Dumars, including four key roster transactions.
- Biggest offseason surprise so far? The Free Press' Drew Sharp isn't kicking the Pistons while they're down. Well... no more than anyone else, that is.
- In response to Chris McCosky's "the sky is not falling" post-mortem in the Detroit News, Detroit Bad Boys has the first installment of the Pistons' offseason reality show, which could be titled "What About Ben?"
- Need4Sheed needs some time.
- Radio Free Detroit doesn't buy the theory that forces behind the Pistons' control (league office, rules committee, etc.) contributed to their 2005-06 demise, choosing instead to give Miami credit for being the better team.
- Greg Eno (who played "What About Ben?" last week) thinks two changes can get Detroit back to the NBA Finals.
- MGoBlog (who might retitle "What About Ben?" the "Kobayashi Maru") is aiming the Arrow of Blame squarely at Flip Saunders.