Sweaty Men Endeavors

The sports blog with the slightly gay name

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Let the eulogies begin?

I don't think it's quite hit me yet that the Pistons' season (and recent run of excellence) could end tonight. I guess I feel like Detroit will put it together for one last all-out effort.

Though I don't think it'll be enough to sustain them through the rest of the series, despite this team's record when faced with elimination, because they just looked tapped out on the court.

So I might not be ready to face reality yet, but plenty of others have composed their post-mortems:
I'm looking for at least one more display of Pistons Pride. I can't imagine Detroit going out like chumps on their home court. But the fate of this series may have already been decided. I'm not sure the Pistons are capable of scoring 90 points anymore, but for one night, I think they'll manage to get just enough points.

Pistons 91, Heat 86.

1 Comments:

  • At May 31, 2006 12:53 PM, Blogger the sports dude said…

    Something tells me that yeah they are done, but I couldn't help but smile at the thought of coming back from this 3-1 hole... how great would it be to give Shaq that one to swallow? I know it is HIGHLY unlikely but it was about the only thing that brought a smile to my face when thinking of this series.

    I am sorry, say what you want about Flip but if they fire him the organization really will lose a lot of cred with me. A LOT!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home