Sweaty Men Endeavors

The sports blog with the slightly gay name

Friday, June 23, 2006

Adulation is the sincerest form of flattery

A sincere thanks to Abel to Yzerman for their extremely kind words and acknowledgement in naming Sweaty Men Endeavors its "Michigan sports blog of the week."

The inter-blog love (and, yes, added traffic) makes me happy. Love thy blog neighbor. Complete strangers were coming up to me at the coffee shop this morning and asking my secret. It's not just eye cream, folks; it's joining other luminaries such as Big Al.

If you haven't seen it yourself, Abel to Yzerman (A to Y) isn't just a fantastic Detroit Red Wings blog, but a terrific hockey resource, in general. Over the past year, my interest in the Wings hasn't been what it once was, but it was easy to keep up on everything surrounding the team through A to Y because it's such a good read.

What's most flattering is that A to Y's author, IwoCPO, took the time to read so much of my stuff. Hell, I think he's read more of this blog than I have - and I love myself, man.

So if you're over here for the first time, thanks to A to Y, I appreciate you checking this thing out, and hope I can keep it interesting enough for you to come back plenty in the future.

3 Comments:

  • At June 23, 2006 11:42 AM, Blogger Big Al said…

    I thought I was special, but it turns out AtoY will give that award to anyone... lol

    Kudos! Well deserved...

     
  • At June 23, 2006 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hell no I won't. Just anyone who'll send me food stamps or warm beer. You both owe me.

     
  • At June 24, 2006 12:33 PM, Blogger Greg Eno said…

    Great job, Ian! Like I told Big Al, whenever one of us gets some props, it's like we all do.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home