Sweaty Men Endeavors

The sports blog with the slightly gay name

Friday, November 11, 2005

Wish I'd have seen it

Was last night's Pistons-Suns game really not on TV last night? Seriously? The Eastern Conference champions against the team which had the best regular season record in the Western conference last year? Not on WB20. Not on FOX Sports Net. Did I miss the game on another channel? Was it the late game on TNT? I know it was a late start on a Thursday night, and I probably wouldn't have watched the whole game anyway.

But I would've liked to see how Detroit approached Phoenix's up-tempo style. It looks like they handled it just fine, winning 111-104. Chauncey Billups had 27 points and 11 assists. Is it possible he's playing even better under Flip than Larry Brown? We knew he'd score more. But he's been racking up the assists, too.

So that's 5-0 to start the season. And the Pistons appear to be having a lot of fun. (How are you doing with the Knicks, Larry? Oh, 0-4? That's a shame.) And tonight's game vs. Portland is on ESPN, so I'll stop complaining about TV coverage. But I'd have rather seen the Suns than the Blazers.

(Photo by Barry Gossage/ Getty Images)

3 Comments:

  • At November 11, 2005 9:52 AM, Blogger Brian said…

    Yes, it was on TNT, Ian. It was the second game of their doubleheader. I wish I could say I saw it, but I was sound asleep. I'm just getting too darn old for these west coast starts.

    I have seen the Suns a couple of times this season, but they still don't play much D, so I wasn't surprised to hear they prevailed.

     
  • At November 11, 2005 9:58 AM, Blogger Ian C. said…

    Rats. But yeah, that start was a bit late. At least the game was televised nationally. It would've been crazy not to show that game.

     
  • At November 11, 2005 11:17 AM, Blogger the sports dude said…

    Yes, as everyone points out to you already it was on TNT. I knew it was on TV and it was a late 10:30 start so I figured I would catch the first half or so and then slip off to slumberville. So at 10:35 I turned on FSN and saw nothing, so I checked ESPN and saw college football. Finally I checked the WB and found some show so I was like "what the hell, where is it?" TNT was the last place I checked, but they still had the end of the Miami game and as usual were drooling all over Wade's jock. At that point I almost gave up, but was Miami ended they went to Phoeniz already in progress.

    As far as the game goes lets just say I am tired today because I couldn't turn it off, it was just that damn good of a game. I really thought they were going to lose, they just had that tired Piston look up until about 4 minutes left in the fourth. Then all of a sudden it was like they snapped their fingers and said "hey, we have just been messin' with you all game, it is our time now!" and just turned it on and took it away from the Suns. It was simply amazing the way they played and they won playing the Suns style of ball. This is what they need to do, this is exactly how they needed to start, because like I said in my blogs season preview the #1 seed in the east will come out of the central, which means the #2 team in the central will get the #4 seed by default. They need to put some distance there now and it looks like they really are focused and know what needs to be done.

    And, as everyone in the world keeps saying and I agree, yeah, they really do appear to be having fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home