Sweaty Men Endeavors

The sports blog with the slightly gay name

Monday, October 23, 2006

Deep World Series thoughts

▪▪ So did anyone else watch a "pumped-up" (surely because it was cold) Eric Byrnes on FOX's pre-game show and think of Pepper Brooks from Dodgeball?

Effin' A, Jeanne Zelasko! Effin' A!

I missed my chance at making fun of Byrnes' hair while he appeared on Baseball Tonight during the Tigers-Yankees series (though I felt strongly enough about it to text-message Mike McClary from Hawaii), but when did this guy become the go-to player analyst? And what exactly does he offer, other than looking and acting like he had way too much Red Bull in his trailer?

▪▪ While I'm at it, when Ronnie Belliard (not to be confused with Tigers' infield coach Rafael Belliard, as I briefly was) took second base for the Cardinals in Game 1, and you saw his unbraided, unfurled afro barely contained under his hat, were you at all reminded of Shirley from What's Happening?

No? That was just me?

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At October 23, 2006 1:22 PM, Blogger Jim said…

    You nailed it! I was trying to figure out who Byrnes reminded me of. Perfect.

    I may have missed it, but when exactly did Kenny Rogers become Billy Chapel?

     
  • At October 23, 2006 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Eric Byrnes is the most annoying schlub I have ever seen.

    That is all.

    PS to wabi-sabi -- during the Yankees Game 3, all my frienda and I were like "It's just like For Love of the Game!!!" Which, coincidentally, has been on Starz about 35 x since. :)

     
  • At October 23, 2006 7:19 PM, Blogger Ian C. said…

    In fairness to Byrnes, he was a key part of my fantasy baseball team down the stretch. (Unfortunately, I was still vanquished by Wabi-Sabi's team.)

    But hey, if Kenny gets to diddle the likes of Kelly Preston, then he really is having an incredible season.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home