Sweaty Men Endeavors

The sports blog with the slightly gay name

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Knowing is half the battle - Part 1

So now we know. Washington, Chicago, and Indiana all won last night, which means Milwaukee was issued the golden ticket of a first-round match-up with the Pistons in the NBA playoffs.

Hey, at least it wasn't Indiana. Did you want Pacers-Pistons in the first round? If Indiana can make their way to a later-round series against Detroit, so be it. I'll take another year of that. But I'd prefer to go a season without highlights of "THE BRAWL" and watching Jermaine O'Neal suffer through another injury-plagued postseason.

Meanwhile, I don't think the last two weeks of Detroit Pistons basketball will be included in the DVD of the 2005-06 season. Unless there's an extras disc for DVDs shipped to Argentina for Carlos Delfino fans. He notched another 17 points in last night's 16-point, "Can we please begin the playoffs now?" loss to the Wizards. Bright side for Washington? If/when the Pistons win the NBA title, the Wizards can claim they swept the champs in the regular season. Gilbert Arenas can use that line with the ladies all summer long.

Playoff fun begins Sunday night at the Palace. Wouldn't it be great if the Pistons swept, if for no other reason than the series wouldn't last a full two weeks? (Hey, lay off TNT - they have Law & Order reruns to show, man.)

(Photo by Clarence Tabb, Jr./ Detroit News)

2 Comments:

  • At April 20, 2006 4:21 PM, Blogger the sports dude said…

    Very funny point, I agree I think the seasons highlight DVD will not include much of the last couple weeks, or months, for that matter. Save for the Mavs, the Heat and the Suns games what was there? I think "thumb twiddling" is the best way to describe it.

    I like Delfino and I wished Flip would use him more. He seems to have a better head on his shoulders than Darko but I hope the Pistons don't screw him up as well.

    Nothing more to add, myy playoff preview says it all at my blog, no need to rehash it here. But I agree, it is about time the playoffs start. I say five games against the Bucks, a sweep would be nice, but Redd I think can steal a game himself and it always seems the Pistons have that one or two games in the first round where they are not awake yet. Later.

     
  • At April 21, 2006 2:03 AM, Blogger twins15 said…

    As I wrote in my preview, I like Detroit to win it all over SA. But yeah, they seem like they've just been ready for the playoffs to start for about 2 months now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home