Sweaty Men Endeavors

The sports blog with the slightly gay name

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Why we love 'Sheed

From ESPN's recap of the Pistons' 107-83 victory over Minnesota last night:

During a dead ball late in the second period, Wallace turned to Wolves coach Dwane Casey and barked, "You know he can't guard Chauncey," referring to Minnesota's Marko Jaric. The taunt turned out to be prophetic, when Billups single-handedly guided Detroit on a 25-8 run that closed the quarter. He made four 3-pointers and had 18 of those points, the last 11 against Anthony Carter after he subbed for Jaric.

Can we get 'Sheed "miked up" for a game? Get to work on that, ESPN and TNT. Stick the mike right in his headband. He has to be way more entertaining than anything we get from NFL players and coaches. Just run 'Sheed on a 10-second delay for those encounters with the referees and the technical fouls that will inevitably be assessed.

No, Minnesota - you can't have Flip back. And at the risk of opening the door for the Kobe Lovers Club again (though I certainly love all the feedback and traffic you've thrown here), I'd rather have Chauncey Billups on my team. You can have the 81 points. We'll take the Larry O'Brien championship trophy here in Detroit.

4 Comments:

  • At January 25, 2006 11:37 AM, Blogger the sports dude said…

    HATER!!!!

    You know, you think after one long ass comment string of pain and torture you would learn, what, you didn't ice down enough the other day from the abuse?

    Man, I tell you what, that would be great to have 'Sheed miked up, but how much of it do you think you could play without a lot of "beeps" added to it?

    Yes, I agree, give me Billups over the 81, you know, that whole "team ball" concept? Well, I guess if you are a fan of the 81 you have no idea what team ball means.

     
  • At January 25, 2006 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I said the same thing yesterday - Chauncey is the MAN.

    As for miking up Sheed, I'd pay admission to watch the tape. That cat cracks me up.

     
  • At January 25, 2006 5:17 PM, Blogger Ian C. said…

    Sports Dude, you might be onto something. Maybe I'm a masochist, and enjoyed the beating I took from the Kobe Lovers Club.

    Kevin, due credit has now been given with a link.

     
  • At January 25, 2006 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Eh, I didn't need credit. It's not a very original thought. Just figured I'd blurt it out again. Chauncey IS the man.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home